Wednesday, September 25, 2013



Happy Hump Day!!

I decided to post a yummy new recipe for today's blog. I have yet to attempt it... but it really looks good!!!




  • FOR THE CASSEROLE:
  • 1 whole Cooked Chicken, Bones Removed, Meat Diced Or Shredded (rotisserie Chicken Is Excellent, Should Be 5-6 Cups Of Chicken
  • ½ pounds Very Thinly Sliced Deli-style Honey Ham, Rough Chopped
  • ¼ pounds Thin Sliced Baby Swiss Cheese
  • FOR THE SAUCE:
  • 4 Tablespoons Butter
  • 4 Tablespoons Flour
  • 3-¼ cups Milk (I Used Whole Milk)
  • 2 Tablespoons Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
  • 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
  • 1-½ teaspoon Salt
  • ½ teaspoons Smoked Paprika
  • ¼ teaspoons White Pepper
  • FOR THE TOPPING:
  • 6 Tablespoons Butter
  • 1-½ cup Panko Bread Crumbs
  • ¾ teaspoons Seasoning Salt
  • 1-½ teaspoon Crushed Dried Parsley


  • Bake at 350' until the top is golden and bubbly! Yumm-o!

    3 comments:

    1. I was wondering if you ever had a chance to try this recipe? If so, how did it come out? Did you like it?

      ReplyDelete
    2. I tried it and the sauce did not thicken. Next time, I will add more flour and let it thicken in the pot before adding it to the casserole. Maybe even melt some of the cheese in it.

      ReplyDelete
    3. I absolutly love this recipe! It is a hit every time!

      ReplyDelete